Here at Roundhill Day Nursery, we encourage healthy lifestyles, throughout our curriculum and nursery day.
Eating habits are formed early in life, so it is important to provide children with a healthy and varied diet to establish good habits for the future.
We aim to instill healthy eating behaviours in children and improve their eating habits through the provision of appropriate foods, role modelling, food related activities and working with parents.
We offer fresh home-cooked meals on-site from our 4-week rolling menu. A copy of our menu will be provided to you during the first settling in session where we can discuss any requirements in detail. This gives us the opportunity to make any changes to our menu to meet the needs of your child. We are always open to any suggestions of change and will endeavour to cater for all dietary requirements.
Our menu’s are reviewed regularly as well as seeking advice from trained child nutritionists on healthy eating. We aim to provide a well balanced, variety of foods.
To fall in line with the aims of our healthy eating values we only serve water and milk for children to drink at the nursery. We may on the parent’s request, and if children do not drink the water we provide, offer children squash which must be supplied by the parents. We do not serve or encourage children to drink fizzy pops or fruit juices that are high in sugar.
While at nursery children will;
- Be provided with healthy, nutritious snacks and meals
- Be given the opportunity to try a variety of foods
- Be encouraged to try and eat fruits and vegetables
- Be given the opportunity to eat in a pleasant and safe environment
- Have shared mealtimes with staff and other children
- Increase staff healthy eating knowledge by training
- Only provide drinks that are tooth-friendly
- Increased staff and parental awareness of national initiatives relating to healthy eating e.g change4life •